Oh "HONEY" - where have you been all my life? Yes, I am talking about Bees Honey! This is seriously a miracle worker.
Right before I left for Maui I had a terrible allergic reaction on my face from some new face cream that I tried, which caused my face to break out in a rash. Yes, it freaked me out because I've never had anything happen to my face like that before so I didn't know what to do and the dermatologists that I called didn't have openings right away so I knew I had to find something on my own, and fast! However, everything that I seemed to put on my face (hydrocortisone creams and ointments) just irritated it even more - until my sister told me to put Honey on my face! Yes, like bees honey! I thought she was joking but this worked wonders on my face - so much so that my co-workers asked me if I had gotten a facial the next day!
I bought this Organic Raw Honey from Trader Joes for only about $5.99 and a little goes a long way. I put it all over my face and kept it there for as long as I could - okay, so I went a little extreme and left it on for about 5-6 hours when I had that rash - but the swelling went down drastically and my rash completely went away in about 2-3 days!
Honey has natural healing properties that help to draw bacteria out of your skin while pulling moisture into your skin at the same time. Although it feels sticky when applying it on your skin, it rinses off with water very easily leaving your face glowing!
Added bonus - it works wonders on pimples and prevents scarring too!
You must try this! Here's a quick recipe for a brightening mask:
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice (this is optional, but Vitamin C = brighter skin)
- Mix them together and slather on your face and leave on for as long as you can (bare minimum of 30 minutes) but try for at least an hour
- Wash off with warm water. It should rinse off very easily
- Don't forget to moisturize! (You can also try Olive Oil as a moisturizer if you want to keep it natural)
* Please be careful around the eye area since it might drip down your forehead, you don't want the lemon juice getting in your eye. It's also a good idea to keep a damp towel around to wipe off any drips.
It's as simple as that! I still have yet to get my first facial at an actual salon, but since I've tried this mask, I'm not in any rush!
Whoever said glowing skin had to cost a lot of money! ;)