Out With The Old & In With The New

Monday, January 7, 2013

With the start of the New Year comes purging out old things and I have a ton of that to do starting with my makeup.  When I was younger I wanted to be a professional makeup artist for the stars since my idol was Mally Roncal, so when I met her about 7 years ago at Bendels in NYC, I was beyond excited! However, the reality of it is that I don't really wear much makeup in general so a lot of the makeup that I do have is what I've collected through the years so much of it all should be tossed (who knows what's growing inside those eyeliner tubs - yuckie!).

So, to make things easier in the morning, I've designated one small drawer for all my necessities I need right when I jump out of the shower.  I can just open up that drawer and everything is right there - my body lotion, eye cream, day facial lotion, deodorant, night cream, eye drops, hair ties, and hair serum.  It sounds like a lot but I put a basket in there that fit it all perfectly so I'm happy - CHECK! That's done. I don't know why I never thought of that before!


Now moving on to the next project - lip gloss purging!  I threw out a ton of old glosses and kept the old MAC ones so I could collect 6 containers and trade them in for a free lipstick.  On a side note - it's a little guilty pleasure of mine to indulge in a little reality TV (Erik rubbed off on me a bit) - actually my favorite has been The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  I've been hooked on that show since the 1st season and now it's on it's third, but anyhow, back to my point.  All those girls have super shiny lips and I guess that's where my lipgloss obsession took off.  Yikes, that's a little scary to admit - but I do love my lip glosses.  I was loving MAC creamsheen for a while, but I noticed that after a while with it on, it would just disappear.  So I've decided to turn back to my all time favorite - Chanel lipgloss.  Years ago, my lipgloss go to was Chanel Glossimer Satinette 60 which they have already discontinued.  So, I decided to try another lip gloss that I loved and when I googled it to see if it was still available I also found that it was also Lisa Vanderpump's favorite lipgloss too! Well, well...since she is my favorite housewife and her lipgloss looks amazing on her I decided to try it.  
Actually, I found that Lisa Vanderpump said she mixed both Chanel Glossimer 11 Twinkle with Glossimer 2 in Brilliance.  So, with a Nordstrom note and a Nordies gift card later I was able to treat myself to both so I could try it.  Chanel glosses are a bit more expensive than the usual gloss but you really do get what you pay for - it looks gorgeous on, the shine is incredible, and it feels great - it's gel based so it coats your lips evenly and stays put longer. Yay, so my lip gloss pile is gone and I'm only sticking to these two bad boys (well, for now ;).   

So, I'm off to tackle more purging so I can relax tonight and catch the new bravo show The Vanderpump Rules.  ;) ...yup, Erik's rolling his eyes! Hope it's a good one.

Have a great week!
Kathy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips