My Perfect Outdoor Cottage Art Studio & Home Office

Sunday, January 18, 2015

My wonderful husband and my father-in-law worked together all day, everyday for a few months to build this BEAUTIFUL art studio, home office from the ground up!  It has been a complete blessing for me and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for this amazing space to center myself, paint and just make things! It was built with so much love and I can't wait to share with you all the new pieces that I create in here for Glimmer of Gold.


My initial inspiration for the exterior was to mimic a small summer beach cottage where I could escape to daily to paint, create, and even meditate.  I was inspired by the Hampton's, Cape Cod, and Martha's Vineyard so I chose light beach colors for the exterior paint - Behr Graceful Gray & Ultra Pure White. For the door color I used Behr's Offshore Mist which I LOVE because it is the perfect subtle, soft blue shade.

Here's a few before & after photos...
This shot makes me want to sing, "...Love is an open dooooorrrrrr!" ;)


Stay tuned for more detailed photographs of the art studio interior and how I chose to decorate a small space to represent my style.  Subscribe to my blog (on the left) to stay updated on new posts.


... and we're open for business!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips