Yay! I'm back at home!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Thank you everyone for all your love and support this last week.  Your kind and supportive words really helped me get through this pneumonia!  It's been a rough 4 days, but I'm finally back home (still recovering) but at least I'm laying in my Tempurpedic bed and not an uncomfortable hospital bed hooked up to an IV!

The nurses and doctors at the new Mills Peninsula Hospital in Burlingame were GREAT.  They were all really sweet and helpful and not to mention the hospital was BEAUTIFUL!  Erik actually kept referring to it as the "Hotel" instead of "hospital". This is where I'll be delivering Ryker at in about a month from now so at least it felt comforting to know that I'll be in good hands.

Here's a glimpse of my week...

Erik & Keira waiting for me in the ER.  Keira fell asleep on daddy's lap & whenever the nurse wheeled me away to take an x-ray she would cry!  She was concerned for her Mommy that I wanted to cry each time I saw her tear up!
The Hospital "Room Service" Menu - really, that's what it was named

It was actually pretty good, it allowed you to switch it up each night to suit your craving

My parents visiting me in my room.  I was looking out that window quite a lot wishing I could enjoy the warm weather out there!

My wonderful husband spent all 3 nights with me at the hospital, he said the pull-out bed wasn't too bad to sleep on and he was just happy that it was long enough for his legs!

They treated me like I was TWO patients because they monitored the baby's heartbeat for 20 minutes straight about 4-5 times a day + they had to monitor my blood pressure too - it was crazy!

My awesome coworkers at NAARTJIE sent me this beautiful plant to cheer me up!  Thanks guys, it worked!!


I hope you all enjoy this wonderful weather outside, being trapped inside of a hospital room unable to breath really makes you realize how lucky you are when you well and able to enjoy being home with your family.

Love,
-Kathy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips