Work in Progress: Ryker's Room

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Ryker's room is getting closer to being finished.  Wall #2 is finally painted!

Here's the Black & White CHEVRON wall 


Here's how it looked before (below)


I originally planned on using a stencil to do the lines, but they seemed to be even more difficult to use because I wanted the lines to be as crisp as possible and the only way to achieve that is to use painters tape.  So, I mostly taped the design just by eye and used a level to help me out a bit. I was crossing my fingers that since it was a busy print that it might not be as noticeable if the lines weren't perfect.


Once I painted the black, my perfect Little "DIVA" Helper - Keira, helped pull all the tape off (with her heels on of course)


Here's the finished wall!!


I found this vintage wooden bar on Craigslist, which I thought of originally painting over, but lately I've been loving the look of natural wood, especially with the black and white tree theme of Ryker's room.
I actually plan on using this as Ryker's changing table once we get the changing pad and a yellow cover for it, which I haven't found a yellow one that I like yet. I really want a bright yellow and white striped pad cover so if any of you have any recommendations please comment below.


I also received my Cockatoo Art Parrot Print on a vintage dictionary page from BLACK BAROQUE and framed it.  It's perfect because it wen't with my yellow cockatoo pillow I got from the One Kings Lane sale when Room Service was featured. I really loved it and thought it would be perfect against the black and white blanket I got for my glider.

It's coming together...on to the next project!

These cockatoo's are AWESOME - they remind me of a little boys mohawk!

** See how Ryker's room turned out HERE **



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips