DIY - How to Make $13 Sunglasses Look Like $130 Sunglasses

Monday, August 13, 2012

I bought a pair of Jessica Simpson rose gold framed sunglasses from TJ Maxx a couple months ago for only $13!  I love the style, but wanted to add some "bling" to it with my Swarovski Elements flatback baguette crystals.  You can also just use some crystals sold at your craft store for a less expensive alternative to the Swarovski ones. All you need are the supplies below:

- Inexpensive sunglasses or an old pair of sunglasses that needs some revamping (you want to look for flat areas to apply the crystals to)
- Flatback crystals (Swarovski Crystals are the best quality, but I also found some flatback acrylic crystals from Michaels that could work also)
- Jewelry Rhinestone Glue (you can also try to use Super Glue, depending on the surface you're working with)
- I used jewelry tweezers to help grip and apply my crystals to my sunglasses (you can use regular tweezers or flat nose pliers)

BEFORE...



AFTER...



Not bad for a pair of $13 sunglasses!  No one could believe it only cost that much!  Have fun with it...the more bling, the better! ;)

I hope you have a great week everyone!
-Kathy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips